opticalCON low voltage camera / SM hybrid cable
Cost effective fiber optic hybrid cable solution, great SMPTE cable alternative if only low voltage is required. Assembled ultra-flexible and lightweight (65 kg/km) low voltage camera / SM hybrid cable with 2 single-mode fibers and 2 AWG16 copper conductors, aramid yard cable retention. Optimized for camera link systems (e.g. for ENG / SNG1), camera adapter systems, camera cranes and powered drop down converter boxes for broadcast applications where only ELV2 (< 50Vac) is required.
The opticalCON DUO cable connector accommodates a standard optical LC-Duplex connector in a ruggedized and durable all-metal housing. It features a spring
loaded push-pull locking mechanism and an excellent cable retention utilizing aramid yarn. The optical connection is exceptional well protected against
dirt and dust by an automatically operated sealing cover.
The cable connector comes pre-assembled and is not available as a single component. The cable is available in different lengths and is packed either in a case, on drum or airspool.
Features & Benefits
- Eliminates need for awkward and costly SMPTE cables if only ELV2 (< 50 V ac) is required
- Ruggedized and dirt protected fiber optic connection system
- Waterproof acc. to IP65 safety standard in mated condition
- Ultra-flexible, lightweight and cost effective fiber optic hybrid camera cable solution
- Small drum up to 150 m cable (15 kg)
- Accommodates standard optical LC-Duplex connectors
- Cable connector features rugged all metal housing and heavy duty cable retention
- Excellent dust and dirt protection due to automatic sealing shutter with silicone gasket
- Reliable Push-Pull locking mechanism
- Easy to clean, no special tools required
- Available in different packaging versions
1 = Electronic News Gathering / Satellite News Gathering
2 = Extra Low Voltage